Letter to Editor of New York Times
Here's the version that I sent to the New York Times on December 21, 2002:
- As stated in Jeffrey Gettleman's "Southern Liberals
- had Lott moments, too", "Today there is wide consensus
- that racial segregation is reprehensible and immoral."
- It is interesting and regrettable that no such consensus
- has yet emerged on gender segregation, as shown by the
reactions to the Augusta National Golf Club's segregation.
- Will the Augusta members and CBS executives of today
- be the Trent Lotts of tomorrow?
Here's the letter as it appeared in the New York Times on Sunday, December 29, 2002 (if you subscribe):
The Lotts of the Links