The Geometry Discovery Project
UCI students are cordially invited to the
Geometry Discovery Project (GDP). The
purpuse of this project is to provide undergradaute students
research oppertunities, and to provide a knowledge base for those interested in Euclidean geometry, including kids
taking AMC or AIME, or participating Math Circle.
Here are some details of the GDP:
- Students will learn how to collect materials to write expositiory paper using LaTeX typesetting (including
- Students will learn how to give math research presentation.
- Studnets can join my 4-credit Math 199: supervised research. See the syllabus
of the course.
- Spring Math 199C will be met at Rowland Hall 306, 6-7pm on Thursdays. All are welcome.
Math Pre-requisite Review Materials
These materials provide you with an efficient review of the mathematical content needed to succeed in the most
popular lower and upper division courses. For each course, 5–8 short modules include videos, notes, practice
problems, and solutions. Reviewing for
each course takes approximately 5 hours and ideally should be completed before classes start. These pre-requisite
review materials can also be used during the course to review concepts or calculation techniques that are expected
Here is the link
of the webpage.
Sound of Symmetry
- (Joint with J. Rowlett), The Sound of Symmetry, Amer. Math. Monthly,
vol 122, No. 9, pp
erratum. The paper won
2016 Halmos - Lester R. Ford Award of the Mathematical Association of America.
- The blog of the paper is posted at the Oxford University Press Blog: Can one
hear the corners of a drum?
- The above blog is rewritten in Chinese, published at 数学文化,
vol 10（2), 2019, 104-107 (武侠和数学, joint
I will be teaching a gradaute course in the year 2022 - 2023.
Teaching, Research, and Service Page