I am an Associate Professor in the Mathematics Department at the University of California, Irvine and am a member of the group in Logic and Foundations.
I also hold a courtesy appointment in the Department of Logic and Philosophy of Science.
I currently have a NSF CAREER Grant in Model Theory and Operator Algebras.
- I co-organized the workshop Model Theory and Operator Algebras at the Banff International Research Station during the week of November 25-30, 2018.
- I delivered the USC math department colloquium on November 13, 2018.
- I spoke at a one day workshop on operator algebras as part of the Nebraska-Iowa Functional Analysis Seminar on November 3, 2018.
- I attended a Trimester program in Model theory, combinatorics, and valued fields at the IHP in Paris from January through March of 2018.
- I spoke at the workshop on Finite and pseudofinite model theory at the University of Leeds on April 9-11, 2018.
- I spoke at the workshop Approximation properties in operator algebras and ergodic theory held at IPAM at UCLA on April 30-May 5, 2018.
- I was a co-organizer of the special session on Model Theory at the 2017 Fall Western Sectional Meeting of the AMS that was held at UC Riverside on November 4-5, 2017. I also spoke in the special session on Advances in Operator Algebras.
- As part of my NSF CAREER Grant, I organized a conference Model theory and operator algebras at UC Irvine that took place on September 20-24, 2017.
- I was a co-organizer of the American Institute of Mathematics workshop on "Nonstandard methods in combinatorial number theory", that took place August 14-18, 2017.
- I spoke in two special sessions at the Mathematical Congress of the Americas Meeting that took place July 24-28, 2017 in Montreal: 'Interactions between Model Theory and Analysis and Topology' and 'von Neumann algebras and their applications.'
- I spoke at the 2017 Spring Institute of Noncommutative Geometry and Operator Algebras that took place May 5-11, 2017 at Vanderbilt University.
- I spoke in the special session on Continuous Model Theory at the 2017 North American Annual Meeting of the Association of Symbolic Logic that took place March 20-23, 2017 at Boise State University.
- Kevin Barnum
- Ryan Burkhart
- Alec Fox