Natalia L. Komarova
- Natalia Komarova is Vice Chair for Inclusive Excellence, Department of Mathematics, UCI. See the Department's Diversity Website for information.
- STEM through Dance Program: In partnership with Academy of Dance (Tustin), we started a project of creating a series of educational videos for middle school students. The ultimate goal is to create short videos that explain most of main STEM concepts taught in Middle Schools, in an unusual and creative format. We are striving to bring STEM to students that normally would not be interested / engaged, which is especially important for students in underserved areas.
- DECADE mentor (2010-2018): DECADE stands for Diverse Educational Community and Doctoral Experience. DECADE Faculty Mentors dedicate their efforts to nurturing a positive diversity climate within their academic programs by serving as a resource to graduate students and faculty. DECADE Faculty Mentors also collaborate with Equity Advisors and graduate students from their school to promote an inclusive climate for all students.
- Diversity in Math Festival: Website The goal of this event was to celebrate and promote diversity in mathematics, both in and out of academia, across a broad span of ages by showcasing exemplary members from Southern California and beyond. We also aimed to identify challenges that underrepresented groups in mathematical fields face, and provide support through resources and networking opportunities.
- Diversity and Admission Predictors for Mathematics PhD Success: Paper text. Together with colleagues and graduate students, we performed a study of admission criteria and their influence on success in a Math graduate program. The main idea of this project was to find correlates of female and URM student
recruitment, retention and success, with the goal to improve the climate in the Math graduate program. A short account of this study was published in Notices of the AMS.
- Women in Mathematics: The image below is from our last get together. Even in the times of social distancing, we try to have some social events!