*Fall 2021 applications will be open on September 3rd, 2020 and will close December 16th, 2020*
UPDATE 9/2: The GRE subject test has been canceled by the testing provider. Accordingly, the GRE subject test will not be required for the 20-21 admissions application. Additionally, the GRE General test is no longer required for the 20-21 admissions application.
We accept applications for the fall quarter only. A complete application with all supporting documents must be received by the deadline. Please refer to the link at the bottom of the page for additional information from Graduate Division.
A completed application includes the following:
- A completed UC Irvine Graduate Division online application, including the application fee ($120.00 for US Citizens/lawful Permanent Residents, $140.00 for all other applicants). This payment must be paid by credit card only; checks will no longer be accepted. FEE WAIVERS information.
- Transcripts – Applicants must upload unofficial transcripts for all institutions attended since high school. If an applicant is admitted, official transcripts will be request only from the institutions were a degree was earned and we will direct them to mail it to the Graduate Division office. Foreign applicants must provide transcripts converted to English, and a calculated US GPA
- Personal History Statement – This will be required by all students, please see the Graduate Division website for more information.
- Letters of Recommendation – We require three letters of recommendation. Letters must be uploaded digitally; paper LORs will not be accepted.
- GRE – Official scores are required for the General and Subject GRE exam taken within the last five years for MS & PhD applicants. Subject GRE scores are mandatory for all PhD applicants. PhD applications will not be reviewed without Subject GRE scores. MS applications will be reviewed; however, priority will be given to applicants with Subject GRE scores. No minimum score requirement. GRE scores are sent directly from ETS, choose Institution Code 4859.
*If you are applying to the Math PhD program, and you have obtained a Subject GRE score in a subject other than math, please contact Professor Enciso email@example.com for further consultation.
- TOEFL scores - Required for applicants whose primary language is not English. The TOEFL requirement, for admission purposes only, and will be waived for applicants who have received a post-baccalaureate degree from a U.S. college or University. Please send your official TOEFL or IETS scores to UC Irvine choose Institution Code 4859.
Additional English proficiency information can be found HERE.
International Students - International and permanent resident graduate students who are not citizens of countries where English is either the primary or dominant language (as approved by the UC Irvine Graduate Council) who wish to be considered for appointment as a Teaching Assistant (TA) must have a score of at least 26 in the speaking component of TOEFL iBT or a score of 8 or higher on the speaking module of the IELTS exam. This is a university requirement, the department cannot make exceptions for scores below 26 or 8, respectively.
APPLY NOW - School of Physical Sciences, Mathematics Department, specify PhD or MS. Indicate specific area of interest in the space provided.
To log back into your submitted application please go to: apply.grad.uci.edu
If you have questions, please visit prior to emailing the Math Coordinator and/or the Graduate Division: https://grad.uci.edu/admissions/applying-to-uci/frequently-asked-questions.php
For further math program questions, please contact Kate Haubert at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance submitting your application please contact: email@example.com
Please note that our response time my take long than usual, during the admissions and recruitment season.